Feb 22, 2022
Peloton, a well-known provider of
interactive fitness products, has recently experienced a massive
plunge in their revenue. But as Barry McCarthy steps into the CEO
role during this time of crisis, he starts by sending an email
about their plans for a comeback and how it’ll be possible as long
as the whole company works together as a team.
Every business faces bad times. Overcoming them relies on the vision and courage of the company’s leadership. In this episode, I analyze Barry’s email, and discuss how it applies to your leadership.
The purpose of this episode is to showcase how a strong leader responds to a crisis. Regardless if your company is new or well-established, this episode will hit you right in the gut, so tune in and let’s dive right into it.
• 0:00 A little backstory for today’s episode
• 2:57 Barry, the incoming CEO gives a hat tip to the real key to Peloton’s success
• 4:21 Barry establishing his credibility as a new leader
• 5:09 Visionary vs implementer
• 6:57 Leaders need to confront the truth at all times no matter how uncomfortable/inconvenient
• 8:18 Confront the world as it is if you want to be a great leader
• 9:01 The present is shaped by the past but the future will be determined by your choices today
• 9:31 One of the main jobs of a leader
• 10:44 Identifying the company’s strengths is crucial in projecting the company forward
• 11:47 You need to be able to execute your projects profitably to succeed
• 14:14 Winning starts with accountability
• 18:36 Leaders need to establish their own management and leadership philosophy
• 19:09 10 core values of Barry as a leader
• 23:22 Listen more than you speak (understand to be understood)
• 25:00 Leaders must roll out strategies that need to be implemented
• Other corporate memos: https://sriramk.com/memos.html
• Need help designing and playing your business game? Contact Eric Anderton: www.constructiongenius.com/contact
Do Your Project Executives Need to Become Better Leaders?
• Book a 10-minute call with Eric Anderton to see if/how he can help (https://10minutes.youcanbook.me/)
Connect with me on LinkedIn. For more podcast episodes, you may also visit my website. Tune in and subscribe to the Construction Genius: A Leadership Master-Class Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and Stitcher.
Thank you for tuning in!